Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Prints Party




Monochrome Under Dress - Primark
Floral Slip Dress - Topshop
Black Leandra Heels - Topshop

Now we all know that prints aren't my forte, and clashing prints - well, that's a phrase my wardrobe would slam it's doors at. But in a bid to try something new, and as part of the WIWT F&F Seven Days of Summer Competition, I put this print party ensemble together. I'm still not 100% sure that the patterns go together - but I guess that is kind of the point. As I mentioned in my last post that I had been feeling uninspired, I took that opportunity to step outside my comfort zone and try something new. It's amazing what new outfits become available to you, when you are up for styling them in a different way you are used to. 

The main reason of starting my blog was to centre my style, and keep an eye on what I'm wearing too much of and how I can expand. I've never really thought that I had a 'style' before, but it became apparent to me that I like to stick to muted tones and prints are a no-go. Therefore I've recently been consciously adding prints and colour to my wardrobe. No-one wants to be stuck in a style rut, so I figured it's time to break the mould. Obviously I'm not going to turn into some super crazy fashionista and buy anything and everything that is out of my comfort zone - but I'm adding those extra pieces that will take my wardrobe from an array of creams and pastels to something with a little more depth. You'll probably be surprised when you see the few pieces I have bought so far with my Topshop voucher (that I got when I won style star of the week on TIW) I'm saving them for my Copenhagen trip in just over a week's time. I've already prepped my boyfriend on the amount of outfit photos he will have to take for me, and am mentally planning my packing as I type. 

I hope you're having a great week so far.
Love Pav xxx

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful print...and loooove the heels.
    http://halielandry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. In love with the slip dress!

    lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy :)

      Love you're blog!!

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. You look gorgeous! I love the layering if the dresses! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dress is so lovely! as are your shoes :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win topshop, asos or space nk vouchers + a goodie bag, click here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shoes!

    http://thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete